4.13.2008

How do you build a caseload?

I've been trying to come up with ways to decrease my running between the hospital and outpatient center. Right now, I see peds 3 afternoons a week after working a full to almost full day at the hospital, and it's wearing me out. My husband's idea was to try to build up the caseload a bit so that I could have 2 days strictly peds and that would leave the other 2 days to be strictly hospital. I even think that it would be ok to have peds until 1 or 2 pm, and then just do evals or fill in at the hospital. But to make this sort of schedule work, I would need to drum up my caseload a bit. I'm expecting some patients to return when school gets out, but is there an ethical way to get more? What methods have others used to promote their outpatient business that can be applied to this population? Is it appropriate to present oneself to pediatricians as a CHT does to surgeons? If anyone has any advice in this arena it would be greatly appreciated...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I just wanted to thank you for the encouraging words you left on my blog. I've bookmarked yours and can't wait to begin our OT journey with our son. Thanks for the support!