9.15.2013

Life is just... yikes.

Obviously I'm not back from my self-imposed blogging maternity leave. So where am I? read on... 

 My life is pretty much completely crazy right now. (that's the TLDR version)

People have said "having a baby changes everything," to which I reply, "true that." Personal schedule has been completely hijacked and we now semi-rigidly adhere to certain time principles- up at 6, out the door at 7, pump at 12, etc. While I couldn't "sleep while the baby sleeps" when he was young, now I follow this religiously, heading to bed myself at 830 or 9 every night. A big change for this night owl... thank you to International Delight Mocha and Cranergy for making mornings possible.

Getting up at 6 everyday because post-baby, my dream job opened up, and I started new employment for what I anticipate to be the last time for a very long time. I am now a school system therapist and enjoying the transition back to working life. 

and since a little change is no fun, I also got a new phone and will be using a new car to do my work driving. 

Stress abounds. I've had to change my MO for pretty much every aspect of my life. I'm still reclaiming some of my identity and expect that will continue for awhile. I love my blog and want it to continue, but finding the time is a challenge. So I'm reevaluating how to do business here. I may start having some more guest posts, some shorter posts, things of that nature. I probably won't be using my facebook page very often but still do a little on twitter since I can operate it on my phone. I still have tons of ideas that I want to write about, it's just about finding the time. I may see if I can use speech to text features on my devices to see if I can dictate while driving between schools (all 14 of them) or while pumping.

So please be patient with me as I adapt to my ever changing life roles. It's hard. 
I intend to post an update to the entry on using baby massage (now that I've had a real live baby to practice on) and get the giveaway out now that I figured out how to determine all the followers. 
Also, there will be a special feature in November, so stay tuned for that! 

2 comments:

Carla-OTS said...

Thanks Cheryl. I don't know if anyone has told you lately, but you are SO awesome for taking time out of your oh-so-busy-life (and for such an extended time!) to share such helpful information with a bunch of needy, confused OT strangers. You rock!

And you are right, life after baby/babies IS HARD, but I sense you can pull it off smoothly. Good luck with getting your identity back tho. My youngest of three is 8yrs old, and I'm just now starting to feel like the old me might be somewhere nearby. BUT I think the best that I'll be able to do is establish a mommy/old-me hybrid. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just an adjustment. Best.

Cheryl said...

Thank you for your sweet comment Carla!